Saudi Arabian authorities on Saturday said it will limit the annual Muslim pilgrimage to people already residing inside the kingdom due to COVID-19 pandemic.
This is the second consecutive year that the Hajj will be restricted in this way.
Saudi Arabia’s state news agency SPA reported this citing the Ministry of Hajj, said that no fewer than 60,000 Saudis and Muslims residents in the monarchy will be allowed to perform the Hajj rituals. Adding that the pilgrims must be in the age groups ranging from 18 to 65 years.
It also added that they must also be free of chronic diseases and have got vaccinated against COVID-19, it added.
It could be recalled that Every year, millions of Muslims usually perform the Hajj, a key Islamic pillar.However, due to the coronavirus, the kingdom last year only allowed a limited number of Saudis and foreign Muslims already residing in Saudi Arabia to perform the Hajj.